Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Come Boldly To The Throne

Wednesday! That's the day after Tuesday. I am rejoicing for that!! Yesterday was... busy to say the least. Got up early to do an EStat project, turned it in, studied, went to class, studied, studied, studied, took a test a 6, got done at about 8:30. 12 straight hours of nonstop school work.. But I made it out alive! And somewhat successful even :) Thanks so much to all my family and friends who continue to lift me up in their prayers. Today I was thinking about all the prayers that people have been saying for me and also talking with a dear friend about praying for someone else, and it was so evident that a lot people are struggling right now. A lot of family members, friends, and acquaintances that are strong believers are going through some tough stuff. I guess it's the time of year. The end of school, nearing the summer, everyone is wearing down a little bit. And in light of this, I wanted to spend some time praying for my fellow believers.

I just finished Ephesians, and I thought, "Hey, why not move on the Philippians?" So I did! And similarly to Ephesians, the first chapter contains a prayer that Paul writes for his friends.
"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God's grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus. And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ--to the glory and praise of God."

I wrote out a list of family members, loved ones, friends, co-workers, and classmates. 34 people. I prayed for all of you just as Paul prayed for his loved ones. I am filled with joy when I speak of you to my Father. Your partnership in the gospel is so valuable to me, and I pray that you will continue to grow in knowledge and insight of the Lord so you can make it through the trying times. And not just survive them, but come out on the other side pure and blameless. I am confident in my request to the Lord :)
"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace." Heb. 4:16
"In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him." Eph. 3:12

I am so thankful for all the beautiful people God has placed in my life. And I hope that you are somewhat encouraged in knowing that I am praying for you :)
I have one final encouraging passage for everyone that concludes my thoughts.
"In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a season you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed." 1 Peter 1:6-7

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment