Thursday, April 22, 2010

In The Beginning

Thursday! The day before Friday! Which starts off my weekend! Yesss! I hope everyone had a beautiful day yesterday. Mine was lovely. Challenging, productive, a little relaxation, got to see the family, spent time with friends at church. I am rejoicing in the Lord and thanking Him for a great day. And today is another great day! Earth Day!

So I woke up this morning kind of excited! I get to go to Lacey's class and hear some music, folk music I think.., to celebrate Earth Day! And then I thought, "What scriptures can apply to Earth Day?" Initially, the obvious came to mind. "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Gen 1:1 I haven't visited Genesis in awhile, so I am excited to be here today. "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." I imagine that to be awesome-looking! God's spirit moving over the water. Did it make waves? Or maybe it didn't look like anything because it was dark haha. "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." My God is so beyond powerful. He speaks and the Earth is formed. He speaks again and creates light! "And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

Ok, reviewing for myself. God created Heaven and Earth. God's spirit moved over the waters (COOL!). God spoke, and there was light! God split the dark from the light and created days and nights. I'm not sure why, but I am blown away by this right now! I have heard and read this passage a billion times, but I have never taken time to sit down, on my own, and really grasp how amazing this is. Are you getting this?? In ONE DAY (an actual day, I believe) God created the Earth that were are 'celebrating' today. Great and mighty is the Lord our God! He can do anything and everything with the words of His mouth. No wonder I am commanded not to be anxious about anything. Why should I if I have the creator of the universe beside me?

So go and rejoice in the Lord for His marvelous creation! Plant a tree, recycle a bottle, do something that glorifies God, and do it with joy. I also encourage you to revisit a passage you have heard or read many times. Look at it with fresh eyes, as if reading it for the very first time. The Word of God is full of amazing and awe-inspiring truths about our Creator. So take some time, and delight in it today. And take a little time to enjoy the gorgeous planet God has created!

Have a blessed Earth Day everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. I read from Genesis this morning toooo!!! Love :)) Happy Earth Day Jen!

    ReplyDelete