Monday, April 19, 2010

Retreat Update

Gooooood morning everyone! I hope everyone had a beautiful weekend despite the cold and rainy weather here...
The purity retreat was amazing! There were 31 girls there from schools all over NW Arkansas. We heard from an amazing speaker, Shun Strickland, who spoke about some keys to building intimacy with Christ. Then a Razorback baseball player and a former male cheerleader came in and spoke to us about relationships from a male perspective, what they look for in a girlfriend and about guarding your heart. This is was probably the girls' favorite part ;)
We also enjoyed some great time of worship and fellowship. Had tons of fun with a scavenger hunt and decorating T-shirts! And the girls also heard some powerful testimonies from some of the group leaders.
In a very short time, I made some great friends, and I can't wait to get to know my girls even more! At the end of the retreat, we had 8 girls accept Christ!! Wooooo Hooo!!! And 2 of those were from my group!! :) I was absolutely blessed beyond measure this weekend. Thank you so much to everyone who prayed for me and all the girls at the retreat. God did amazing things in the lives of all the girls there, and He will continue that work "until the day of Christ Jesus."

I have another prayer request for you all :) My friend Mallory Sims could use some serious prayer! In high school, she found out she has a rare kidney disease, and she's been battling ever since. She had a kidney transplant about 5 years ago, and a year later, her disease destroyed that kidney too. She is 24 now and has been on dialysis for 4 years. She is absolutely one of the most joyful people I have ever met, and she shares her testimony without hesitation. As a result, countless people have come to know Christ. So please keep Mallory in your prayers as she continues to fight for her health and as she goes on sharing Christ's love with everyone she meets.

I pray that everyone has a blessed Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment