Friday, April 9, 2010

Love and Wisdom.

Happy Friday to everyone!! Boy am I ever glad that it's Friday!! In a few hours I will be on the road! Destination: Memphis. Dan and I, and about a hundred+ others are getting outta town to go have a blast at formal for Dan's fraternity (BYX-Brothers Under Christ). Please pray that we all have safe travels and a great time :)

Before heading out of town, I was supposed to meet with my friend and go over our study of Ephesians 5. Our plans got canceled, but I'm so glad I am revisiting this passage! If anyone remembers, this is the illusive "Imitators of God" passage.

After my original post, my bestie Kayla left me a wonderful comment! "..If we love Him, we will obey His commandments, but His main commandments are love God and love other. Therefore, the question becomes am I loving God and loving others? Am I reaching out to people that the world doesn't love because God loves them? I think if we spend all our time loving God and loving others, there isn't really the time to get caught up int he sin, to get caught up in the do's and don'ts.....I think the question always has to be what are my motives? What is my passion? Then I'll know whether I am following Christ or just stuck in the rut that is the rules."
My, what wise friends I have! Thank you again, Kayla, for your help! :)

Since this comment from her, I have been trying to examine my motives. Why do I blog? Why do I go to church so often? Why do I post scriptures and songs about my faith? Am I really loving others like Christ loves us?
And I believe that I truly do these things to grow in my knowledge of the Lord, to encourage others in their faith, and to show to love is Jesus. God's Word is powerful and needs to be shared!

In addition to God's command to love, He also gives us a huge hint on how we are to live. "Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise, but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." This verse was kind of like a, "duh! How did I miss this the first time?!" I've been wondering how to live, and He tells me right here in vs 15! Wisely! So I searched for scriptures that spoke about wisdom, and I was lead to Proverbs 2, 3, and 4. I encourage everyone to read these chapters. And if you have already, read them again! Solomon is telling us, by the inspiration of God, all about wisdom! What a treasure. The benefits of wisdom are unending! And that is how we are to live.

A few other verses I came across were Psalm 107:43, "Whoever is wise, let him heed these things and consider the great love of the Lord." and Proverbs 10:8, "The wise in heart will receive commandments; but a prating fool shall fall." God's word is incredible. Here are the instructions I've been looking for! Live wisely. And how to do I do that? Remember God's great love, which is His greatest command and fear Him, for this is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge.

I am growing to love and appreciate the Word of God more and more every time I open it. Thank you Lord, for your perfect, infallible, holy, God-breathed, Word. I am challenged to live a life of wisdom and love, and I now feel better equipped. Please help to remember that living this life is not about what I can do on my own, but about how you are using me, for your honor and glory, to show your love.

Have a blessed weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment