Monday, April 26, 2010

Prayers of Unbelievers..

Monday, Monday, Monday! Busy day over here. Test, giving blood in memory of Miss Hannah :), starting/finishing a project, studying for tomorrow's test, and foremost, rejoicing in the Lord always! Yesterday was a wonderful day! I spent time in the Lord's house, learned a lot! Spent time with my family and friends, and got my sister all dressed and ready for her bridal pictures! She looked stunning!

But anywho.. a question that's been on mind since yesterday is, "Does God hear and answer the prayers of unbelievers?" Or what about people are have been saved, but are far from God and living in sin? I've wandered this for awhile, and my dad rekindled my curiosity in Sunday School yesterday. If I have friends who are not believers, and I ask them to pray for something, is God going to hear their prayer? I really want that to be true! But from what I've read this morning, that doesn't seem to be the case. My dad said that the only prayer God will hear from them is one of repentance. And he's right. One of the verses I read this morning was John 9:31.

"We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly man who does his will." Well I guess that answers my question. No! And there's more!

Isaiah 59:2 "But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that He will not hear." In that verse, it seems that even if you are saved, but are living in sin and are far from God, He will not hear your prayers either.
Proverbs 28:9 "If anyone turns a deaf ear to the law, even his prayers are detestable."

Prayer is one of the most, if not the most, precious thing in a Christian's life. And I would be so broken if I knew that God was not hearing my prayers because of the sin in my life or because of my disbelief in who He truly is. Thankfully, there are so many more scriptures that tell us all of how God hears and answers the prayers of those who come to Him humbly and believing that God is God and that He can and will answer them according to HIS will.
James 1:6 "But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."

1 John 5:14-15 "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him."

These are amazing promises that God gives to believers. And I wish that every person that had this confidence when coming to God. I am so blessed that I can come boldly to the throne of the Father and present Him with my requests. The Bible is full of beautiful promises to believers, but there is also one amazing promise for unbelievers.
"Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10: 31
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:9
And then you are given all the promises the Bible holds--answered prayers, eternal life in Heaven, a shelter in the time of storm, joy unspeakable, and peace that passes all understanding, love unending, and so much more.

My time in the Word this morning has been inspiring. I am overjoyed that My God hears my prayers; however, I am saddened that there are people praying to the same God,and their prayers are not being heard because of the condition of their heart. I am committed to praying for my lost friends. And also for lost people I have ye to meet.
Prayer is a powerful tool and a blessing to my heart daily. It is my prayer that everyone knows that feeling today.

Cheers to another day of rejoicing in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment