Wednesday, April 21, 2010

And Again I Say Rejoice!

It's Wednesday.. of the the longest week of all time.. I'm losing steam! Only 2 more weeks of classes. I have been bombarded with school work lately and have really lost my focus. I have struggled to get out of bed, and I'm really getting stressed about getting stuff done and my GPA and this and that. And this morning, when I woke up an hour early to study for a test... A scripture came to mind. "Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS, and again say, Rejoice!" So I thought I'd get out my B-I-B-L-E, find the verse, and check out the passage.

I whipped out my new concordance (exciting purchase!) and found it! Philippians 4:4. I better commit that one to memory, cuz I'm positive I'll need another reminder soon. As soon as I turned there, I was so excited to see the following verses too!! "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." What a blessing to find all of that encouragement in one passage! I guess if I were better about memorizing the "addresses" of scripture, I wouldn't be so surprised to find it there haha. But I'm glad I didn't know that this morning, or I wouldn't have felt so joyful to see it there!

I have an intense 2.5 weeks ahead of me. And I am fierce worrier! But worrying does not honor God; He is insulted when I don't trust that He can take care of everything. And I must must MUST remember to rejoice in Him always! Regardless of how busy am I or how many things I need to get done, God is still on His throne, protecting me, and supplying all my needs.

So I am challenging myself:
-Rejoice always!
-Again....REJOICE!
-Don't be anxious about anything.
-Present my requests to God with thanksgiving.

And God will anoint with me His peace that passes all understanding. It's not hard to rejoice in that!!

I pray that everyone remembers these things throughout your day. Continue to rejoice in Him today, regardless of your crazy schedule or trying times. Please have a wonderful day :) Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment