Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Happy Tuesday to you all! I hope everyone had an outstanding weekend and a bearable Monday :) Dan and I had a fantastic time in Memphis! A huge thank you to Stanley and Rae Millerd for letting us stay at their house! We really reallllyyy appreciated it!

This coming weekend I am mentoring at the Daughters of the King FCA retreat. It's a purity retreat for 8th-12th grade girls, and I'm trying to get geared up! I'm a little nervous, but I know that God will be there and will give me the words to say to these girls.

I have been reading "How To Stay Christian In College" and the author write in depth about sex and abstinence. Here is just a little blurb that I really enjoyed. "A big reason Christian students find abstinence difficult is that they know the rules but haven't seen the vision. You goal isn't just to avoid something bad--it's to achieve something beautiful and lovable. God calls its "purity." Mere abstinence may be dull, but the pure in heart will see God (Matt. 5:8)."

My prayer for the girls this weekend is that they "see the vision." I hope that they understand that God isn't just being mean or hateful, but is preparing their hearts for something beautiful. And I pray that they are comforted in know that the are "Daughters of the King," and right now, His love is more than enough for them. "The Lord is my portion." Also, I know that I will gain a great understanding of all this as well, and for that, I am thankful. So please please please be in prayer for this retreat! I know God is going to do great and mighty things!

Have an amazing Tuesday, everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment