Monday, March 15, 2010

What time is it?!

Happy Monday!! What a wonderful weekend! I hope everyone had a relaxing time. Shout out to my dad, who did an amazing job on his first ever live guitar performance at church last night! He did a beautiful job!

I'm running a little behind this morning, so I shall keep it short and sweet. :)

I continued my reading in Ephesians today and came to a verse that I had underlined.
Eph 4:29 "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."

My friend Sarah told me a couple of years ago that her and some friends used to use this verse when they heard one of them gossiping or talking bad about other people. They would say, "What time is it?" And cleverly, the answer would be "4:29." I kinda thought it was silly when she told me that, but now I find myself thinking about it and being more aware of talking about people.

I love to talk, and sometimes I even love to gossip.. but I KNOW that that kinda of speech is not "good to the use of edifying" nor does it "minister grace unto the hearers." Thankfully, the last verse of the chapter says "be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." For all the times God knew I would sin, and knew I would say a bad word, or put someone down, His son died for the forgiveness of my sins.

So please, if you hear, see, or even suspect that I'm talking rudely about someone or gossiping unkindly, remind me of the time, and I will thank you :)

Prayers! Dan's mom, Lacey, is traveling to ..Philadelphia? this week for some fancy science teacher meeting. Please pray that she have safe travels! I also pray that she might have a chance to witness to someone new :)
Also, I have 3 tests and a project due this week. The big push before spring break. TONS of prayers are needed to get me through this week! Thanks so much!! LOVES.

No comments:

Post a Comment