Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"Prayer For a Friend"

Well for starters, yesterday was a wonderful day! A couple of classes in the morning, some time to myself in the afternoon, and then I had the lovely privilege of babysitting the coolest 3 yr old on the planet! Then I ended my day with some time at the casa with my familia. I am so blessed.
My main squeeze, Dan-Dan, has had an awful headache.. so if you could all say a little prayer for big head, we would be so grateful :)

Another lovely day! I haven't left the building yet, but everything is going smoothly thus far. My quiet time this morning was spent in Ephesians chapter 3.

Paul is basically one of my favorite authors ever. I am in love with his humility, his willingness to suffer for the cause of Chirst, and most of all, his prayers for his friends.
Ephesians 3:16-19:
"I pray that He may grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, and that the Messiah may dwell in your hearts through faith. I pray that you, being rooted and firmly established in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saint what is the length and width, height and depth of God's love, and to know the Messiah's love that surpasses knowledge, so you may be filled with all the fullness of God."

Wow.. how deep the Father's love for us. And how great Paul's love for the people. I spend a lot of time praying for my friends who do not know Christ. I pour out my heart that they might be saved. But my friends and family that do know Christ need just as much prayer, if not more! They are facing trials and persecution that lost people know nothing about. So today, I challenge you to take this prayer of Paul's, and pray it for a friend.

I have prayed this prayer 17 times today. Mom, Dad, Allison and Eli, Jacob, Dan, Lacey, Jamie, Natalie, Kristy, Kelsey, Kevin, Kendell, Jennifer L, Sarah M, Becky P, Kayla, and for my church family. I am thankful for each and everyone of you, and I pray that God strengthens you with power through His Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment