Monday, March 22, 2010

Long Time, No Blog

Hello blog. I have missed you so. My daily schedule was a stranger to me last week. I celebrated my inaugural all-nighter on Thursday night, and I finally feel like I've recovered my lost hours of sleep. I have gotten the grades for 2 of my 3 tests from last week, and thus far, I am pleased. But boy am I ever praising the Lord for Spring Break! Saturday, my aunt through a wonderful wedding shower for my sister! Lots of guests, lots of gifts, and lots of love. *precious* And this snow! Winter just can't let go! I feel bad for the poor guy.. once Christmas has come and gone, old Winter gets a bad rap.. I love you Winter! But.. I love Spring too!
Yesterday, I spent the day at home with my family, and it was lovely. We just hung around the house, watched tv, ate dinner, played games, and then I went with Dan and his family to pick up Lacey from the airport. The Lord has truly blessed me with an incredible family!

My reading this morning was from Matthew 26. Jesus is in the Garden of Gethsemane and literally falls down on his face and prays to the Father. The same Father that I have access to every minute of every day. Thank you, Lord, for prayer. C.H. Spurgeon used Christ's prayer to illustrate some vital characteristics of prayer. Two of these attributes that I really liked were lonely and humble.

Lonely and Humble. Praying on your own, in a secret and quiet place, is one of the best ways to get close to the Father. Jesus left his friends to get alone, fell on his face before his Father, and prayed an intimate prayer. He also came to the Lord humbly. If we do not acknowledge that we are nothing without God, if we don't fall on our faces before the Almighty God, then we don't give Him the opportunity to raise us up and show himself glorious.

Today in prayer, I got alone and humbled myself the best I knew how and the first words that came to mind were those of a song that my dad has led at church a few times. "I come before you today, and there's just one thing that I want to say. Thank you Lord. Thank you Lord. For all you've given to me. For all the blessings that I cannot see. Thank you Lord. Thank you Lord. With a grateful heart, with a song of praise, with an outstretched arm, I will bless your name. Thank you Lord, I just wanna thank you Lord. Thank you Lord, I just wanna thank you Lord. Thank you Lord."
Sometimes, that's all I can think to say. The Lord has absolutely blessed me more than I ever deserve, and He does it all "to the praise of the glory of His grace."

I've had some big thoughts running through my head lately. With my sister's wedding fast approaching, my own future has been on my mind. And I know that is so common for me to make big decisions, and then come to God and ask Him to bless my choice. But now I am challenging myself to come humbly before the Lord and pray that He guides me in my choice. "Yet not as I will, but as You will."

Again, thank you so much for all the prayers during this past week. They were definitely felt! I pray that you all have a beautiful week. Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment