Saturday, March 13, 2010

Cast all your cares.

Happy weekend to everyone! I am so thankful that I survived the week and that it is now SATURDAY!!

This morning I have an interview with the Freshman Engineering Program for a job as a peer mentor. As a peer mentor I would get to meet with 10-15 freshman engineering students 1-on-1 every week, and we would just talk about school, life, activities, and I would provide them with study and note-taking tips and any other amazing advice I have to offer.
I'm really excited about this opportunity! It's a great way to meet to new students and maybe even share my faith. ..not to mention I won't have to work at the mall anymore! :)

So in preparation for my interview, I've looked at some verses to help me not worry or be anxious about it. If it's God's will that I get this job, then it'll happen! And if it's God's will that I work at the mall forever, then I'll need serious prayer! haha

This is what God's word has provided me with this morning:
"Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time. Casting all your care upon Him, for He careth for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7
Humble myself.. dang, that's a toughy sometimes. I always like to be the person that's right! (Just ask Dan Dan.) I wanna be in control and in charge, but that's what leads to worry. The pressure to get things done and do well is overwhelming sometimes. I MUST learn to continually cast my cares upon the Lord.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:6-7
Here, God straight up says, "Do not worry!" Oye.. another toughy. It's so natural for me to worry. I worry all the time about so many things. But it is such an insult to God for me to worry about things. He is over all things! He is so powerful! Ephesians 1 says that the same power that God used to raise Christ from the dead is inside of us! How dare I worry about a homework assignment or a scheduling conflict when the power of the Almighty God is dwelling in me. "I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me."

I know there are so many other verses confirming that God is in control and will provide for me whatever it is He sees fit. I am determined to go into my interview, not worrying or anxious, but humble and confident that God cares for me.


I know I already have friends and family that pray for me often. Thank you again! Here I go, off to be viewed internally! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment