Monday, March 8, 2010

"..all to Him I owe"

Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe; Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.

For my birthday last year, Dan's family gave me this amazing book. It's called "Then Sings My Soul." It's a book filled with hymns, new and old, and the story that is behind them all. I'm in love with music! I always have a song stuck in my head, and I'm most likely humming, singing, or whistling. So needless to say, this book is perfect! Some mornings, like today, instead of reading from a tradition devotional book, I pick a song here, and really meditate on the words. Today I chose "Jesus Paid It All." I sit at my desk, pick up my guitar, and worship.

To think, Jesus paid the price for my sins by dying on the cross. My youth pastor told us once that if one of us were the only person on the planet, that Christ would still have died on the cross. That he loved me enough to give His life. What an unbelievable thought. But then, that also means that my sin alone is enough to crucify Him.. woah. Humbling. Embarrassing really, if you think about it. My wrong-doings, lies, bad attitude, bad language, deceit, and other sins are so great, that Christ had to die for them..

Sometimes, all I can think to do is sit at His throne and say thank you. 'Thank you Lord, for saving my soul. Thank you Lord, for making me whole. Thank you Lord, for giving to me, thy great salvation so rich and free.' There is no way I could ever physically say thank you enough, but that's not what He wants anyway. It's not about lip service. He wants my life. In return for his amazing act of love, I should live for Him. "Present your body as a living sacrifice, for this is your spiritual act of worship." With everything I have, everything I do, every word I say, I should be worshiping Him! Well with the help of the Holy Spirit, that's what I will strive to do. I have fallen short many times, but then I'm reminded, "For nothing good have I, whereby Thy grace to claim; I'll wash my garments white, In the blood of Calvary's lamb." I can never give enough that will repay Him, but still, "all to Him I owe."


"Jesus Paid It All" ~ Elvina Hall & John Grape, Romans 12:1, "Thank You Lord" ~ Bessie Sykes

No comments:

Post a Comment