Thursday, August 26, 2010

Portion Control.

Today is Thursday. An absolutely gorgeous Thursday! Let us rejoice and be glad. I hope everyone has had a wonderful week this far. Mine has been quite nice :) My classes, though great in number, seem interesting, and I'm excited about most of them! But what I'm even more excited about it what I read this morning in my daily dose of Spurgeon..

On Monday I wrote on how I have been challenged to see that Christ is more than enough for me. And I've been working hard to remind myself of that throughout the week. And because God answers prayers, He sent me a reminder! And in His perfect time. Ya know how you hear a great message or have a great quiet time or go away to an awesome conference and you come back with that message really weighing heavy on your heart? And for me.. If I don't work to continuously remind myself and work towards this new goal or way of thinking, I'm good for about 3 days. After that, I lose my focus again. Or sometimes forget it all together! So here I am, 3 days after posing this challenge to myself, and God provides a reminder :)

Speaking about the Lord's people: "God is their portion, Christ their companion, the Spirit their comforter, Earth their lodge, and Heaven their home... [His] covenant is a treasury of wealth, a granary of food, a fountain of life, a store-house of salvation, a charter of peace, and a haven of joy."

How can I not be overjoyed?! If I am truly a joint heir with Jesus, how can I not be more than satisfied? Earth truly is just my lodge. A temporal home that is so unimpressive compared to the glories of Heaven. His covenant gives me life! And not the life that I have been so attached to here, but one that will last forever!

I am so thankful for this reminder that God provided today. "I say to myself, 'The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.'" -Lamentations 3:24
..Ya know the first time I ever heard that verse? I had broken up with my first boyfriend.. We'd been dating for almost 2 years, and I was pretty crushed.. I was too young to know about true love, but I was still heart broken. And a precious friend called me the next day and shared that verse with me. I instantly knew that I would be fine. I would move on and be even better than before. And as trivial as losing my boyfriend at 15 may seem now, the lesson I learned is still powerful!

God is my portion. Christ is my companion! And Heaven is my home :)

I am praying today that everyone will be more than satisfied with Christ. Looking towards Heaven and being eager to arrive. Everyone please have a sensational day and remember to rejoice a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment